Here's a traditional Central Mexican drink with a history extending back to thousands of years. This drink often has a cloudy appearance, and packs quite a punch.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Fermentation time: 1 - 2 days
- 4 gallons of filtered or spring water
- 1/2 pound of coriander seed
- 8 pounds of dark agave nectar
- 1 pound of champagne yeast
- Ensure your yeast is primed before the brewing day. While you prepare your yeast starter culture, bring 4 gallons of spring water to boil.
- Crush the coriander seeds to release the scent and flavor.
- Remove the water from the heat, add agave syrup, and the crushed coriander seeds.
- Boil again for 20 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat.
Per Serving: 101kCal; 14g Carb; 9g Protein.