Posole (Red) Recipe
What do you get when you use hominy and shredded pork in a lake of exquisite Mexican spices and sauces? You get posoles! Integrate this recipe into your plans for a memorable Dia de la Muertos!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes.
- 5 teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Pork roast
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 5 Bay leaves, shredded
- 1 deseeded Arbol Chiles Pepper
- 1 deseeded Ancho Chiles Pepper
- 1 deseeded Guajillo Chiles Pepper
- Mexican oregano
- 1 can of Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Diced White hominy
- 1 slice of Lime
- 1 Avocado
- 6 Tortilla chips
- 1 diced Radish
- Spread pepper and salt on the chunks of pork, including the bone.
- Destem and deseed the fried chiles.
- Using a heavy 6-8 quart dutch oven, roast the pork on all sides.
- Add garlic and onion slices, then chile pepper, oregano, chicken broth, bay leaves, and a teaspoon of salt.
- Let it simmer for at 50 - 60 minutes until the pork is tender enough.
- Remove the bay leaves and bones. Shred the pork. Blend the vegetables, broth and chiles into a thick sauce. Add the rinsed hominy and shredded pork.
- Add lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
Per serving; calories: 495kcal, carbohydrates: 27g, protein: 32g, fat: 30g, saturated fat: 7g, cholesterol: 89mg, sodium: 103mg, potassium: 1309mg, fiber: 12g, sugar: 12g, calcium: 67mg, iron: 3.4mg