Here’s a recipe that promises a blend of fiber-rich ingredients and creamy goodness. Horchata’s nutrient-rich ingredients bring a whole new meaning to Dia de la Muertos. Let’s get started!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup of uncooked white long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Blend the rice and water in the blender until the rice starts to break up. This should take about 1 minute. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Strain the water from the mixture and discard the rice. Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water. Chill and stir before serving over ice.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 0.6 g fat; 48.4 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 16 mg sodium