Caramel Flan Recipe
Taste the creaminess in perfect sync with a rich Caramel syrup in this recipe. The Caramel flan is a traditional day of the dead dish that's become a favorite for all occasions.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 package cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra.
- First, preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 355 Fahrenheit.
- Heat sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Pour the caramel into a 10-inch baking dish, and tilt until it's evenly coated with the liquid. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, beat cream cheese until it becomes smooth. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until it is properly mixed. Repeat the process for the milk. Now, pour into the coated pan. Place the pan on a wet towel placed in a larger roasting pan. Fill the outer roasting pan with water.
- Using a preheat oven, bake for 50 - 60 minutes until it's properly done. Let it cool and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours. To remove, use a knife to separate the pan from the flan, and invert on a platter.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 16.6 g fat; 41 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 142 mg cholesterol; 191 mg sodium.