Blue Corn Enchiladas Recipe
Tired of the conventional Dia de la Muertos recipes? Then try this recipe for Blue Corn Enchiladas that combines the rich flavors from a red Chile sauce with cheese, an egg, and delicious tortillas.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 12 blue corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups red chile sauce
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 eggs, fried
- Shredded lettuce
- Soak the tortilla in oil for 3 seconds and drain.
- Layer 4 oven-proof plates with a thin layer of chile sauce.
- Add the remaining red chiles sauce, onion, and cheese on the tortillas in these plates
- Bake the combination at 300 degrees until the cheese melts.
- Add 1 egg to each plate, and garnish with your preferred ingredient. Serve!
467 calories, 29 g fat, 208mg cholesterol, 17 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 475 mg sodium, 54 percent calories from fat.