Famously regarded as the "drink of the gods", this sugary thin porridge is a favorite reminiscent of the day of the dead celebration. Perfect for the cool time of the day, this is one dish to cherish with loved ones.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of pilonchillo or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of masa
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Warm the milk over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and whisk in the masa.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, add brown sugar.
- Keep on stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Calories:68 cal, ; 0.4 g fat; 1.1 g protein; 14.1 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 8 mg sodium.