Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus Tea) Recipe
Agua De Jamaica is the perfect drink for your mid-day meals on Dia de la Muertos. The cool spicy and healthy drink is a good complement for any meal, or to just drink it solo.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup sugar per pitcher of jamaica
- Hibiscus Concentrate.
- Add the dried hibiscus flowers to 2 quarts of water, and bring to boil.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Put one-third of this mixture into a pot, and add sugar.
- Stir vigorously to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ice cubes and serve.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Sodium: 5mg | Sugar: 33g